Thursday, September 21, 2017

10 Heartfelt Love Quotes for Lovers, Dreamers, and Valentines

1. Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.  Lao Tzu

2. "If music be the food of love, play on." William Shakespeare

3. "How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the ends of being and ideal grace." Elizabeth Barrett Browning

4. "Love anything and your heart will be wrung and possibly broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact you must give it to no one, not even an animal. Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements." C.S. Lewis

5. "Love pressed them hard, as thirst presses the dying stag to the stream; love dropped upon them from high heaven, as a hawk slipped after long hunger falls right upon the bird." Joseph Bédier

6."There is nothing I would not do for those who are really my friends. I have no notion of loving people by halves, it is not my nature.” Jane Austen

7. “How sad, a heart that does not know how to love, that
does not know what it is to be drunk with love.
If you are not in love, how can you enjoy
the blinding light of the sun,
the soft light of the moon?” Omar Khayyam

8.  "All those beautiful powerful words, they were you!.. The voice from the shadows, that was you... You always loved me!" Edmond Rostand

9. “I have for the first time found what I can truly love–I have found you. You are my sympathy–my better self–my good angel–I am bound to you with a strong attachment. I think you good, gifted, lovely: a fervent, a solemn passion is conceived in my heart; it leans to you, draws you to my centre and spring of life, wrap my existence about you–and, kindling in pure, powerful flame, fuses you and me in one.”  Charlotte Bronte

10. “Love does not begin and end the way we seem to think it does. Love is a battle, love is a war; love is a growing up.” James Baldwin

For heartfelt love stories, check out Cece Barlow's books Plumb Crazy and Weird and Wonderful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment